As an entrepreneur, your task list is endless. Every day you have routine tasks to operate your business. Your mind is filled with endless ideas and projects to expand and improve your business. It is easy to get overwhelmed, fall behind and feel like it is impossible to get ahead.
What can you do to maximize your impact and keep your business moving forward?
All the tasks on your to-do list are not created equal! They can be ranked in terms of impact on success. This allows you to focus your energy and attention on the high impact, high yielding activities and dramatically improve your success.
In order to make this principle work for you, there are a few steps to consider.
- What result do you want to achieve in the next few weeks or months?
- What are the items on your to-do list?
- Highlight the items that will help you reach your desired result.
- Looking at the highlighted list, pick 20% that will create the most impact towards your desired result. These are your high impact efforts.
- Transfer these high impact efforts to a priority list.
- Working with your priority list and your calendar, schedule in time every week to work on your high impact efforts.
Notice how quickly you move towards success!
It is easy to fall behind with the demands on your time, routine tasks and obligations. When you do, it is hard to move forward with improving and expanding your business. Use the Pareto Principle to help to get routine tasks accomplished (which are often necessary!), while still devoting important time to high impact efforts that rapidly propel the business towards your bigger vision of success.
Please share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.